Village of Radium Hot Springs
Radium lies at the southern entrance to Kootenay National Park. A popular spot to view bighorn sheep, this lovely village has a lot to offer in addition to stunning scenery and wildlife. Check out the town for restaurants, shops and accommodations for everyone including campgrounds and full-service hotels. For more information on the town and surrounding area, visit the Visitor Centre on Main Street or call them at 1-888-347-9331.
- Radium Hot Springs Mineral Pools are set in the red cliffs of Sinclair Canyon, just inside the park. Enjoy the huge hot pool, 25-metre cool swimming pool, cold plunge pool and spa. 1-800-767-1611.
- The Radium and Springs are excellent, par 72 golf courses, 1-800-667-6444.
- Take a family float or a whitewater adventure on the Kootenay River, Kicking Horse River and Toby Creek.
- The area has stunning hiking trails. Olive Lake is a 0.5 km / 0.3 mi boardwalk with a bronze bear paw, tree bark and fish displays. Valley View is an 1.8 km / 1.1 mi trail from Redstreak Campground. Old Coach Trail, 9 km / 5.6 mi, runs from town south to Dry Gulch. Juniper Trail, 3.2 km / 2 mi, connects the town to the hot springs along Sinclair Creek.
- Biking trails cover diverse terrain, giving all cyclists a chance to enjoy the scenery. In addition, there are cross-country and single-track biking trails as well as Radium Pump & Jump Track, a trick park for big air. Find the Columbia Valley Cycling Society trail map at the Visitor Centre.
- Columbia Wetlands prime wildlife habitat is popular for canoeing and bird watching.
- Backcountry activities near Radium include horseback riding, fishing, camping, canoeing and kayaking. ATV and dirt bike riders can get information at local sites and Trails BC.
- Whitewater rafting companies run tours on the Kicking Horse and Kootenay rivers in addition to Toby Creek. Voyager trips are offered down the Columbia River.
- The Radium Woodcarver, Rolf Heer, operates “the home of a thousand faces.” 250-347-9208.
- Snowmobiling in the Purcell and Rocky mountains offers epic mountain sledding on Forester Creek trail, Catamount Glacier, Thunderwater and Whirlpool Lakes. The Visitor Centre has trail updates and more information.
- Tourism Radium Events
- Horsethief Creek Pub Live Music Mondays
- Winter in Motion Festival
- Bighorn Meadows Resort: Vacation condos have mountain views, fireplaces, kitchens and decks with BBQ. There’s a hot tub and free Wi-Fi.
- Gables Motel: Clean, pet friendly and non-smoking rooms. Walk to the Hot Springs pools.
- Kootenay River Runners: Raft on the Kicking Horse, Kootenay River, Toby Creek and Columbia River.
- Radium Hot Springs: Hot pool, plunge pool, cool pool, spa and interpretive display.
- Tourism Radium: Information: lodging, activities, dining and more; vacation packages online.