Town of Invermere
This friendly town sits on the shores of one of the region’s warmest lakes, Lake Windermere. Spend quality time at Kinsman beach or James Chabot Park where boat rentals are available. Enjoy the downtown with Main Street shops and restaurants.
Highlights – Summer
- Both the Kinsmen Beach and James Chabot Park have sand beaches and shallow swimming areas that are ideal for children.
- Boat rental options include jet skis, water ski or wakeboard boats, fishing boats, peddle boats, kayaks and canoes.
- Artym Gallery is located in picturesque Invermere. Take the scenic 1.5 hour drive and see artwork from over 65 Canadian artists, including original paintings, sculptures and fine jewellery. Visit the gallery online or in person. Artym can ship your piece or personally deliver it to the Bow Valley or Calgary. Exhibits are hosted year round. 1-250-342-7566.Championship golfing options in Invermere include Eagle Ranch, 1-877-877-3889 as well as Copper Point and the Ridge Courses, 1-877-418-4653.
- West of Invermere is Panorama Mountain Resort, which includes a waterpark, waterslide, kids’ adventure camps, mini-golf, ATV tours, tennis and walking trails. Ride the chairlift to sightseeing and downhill biking. Greywolf Golf Course is on-site. 1-800-663-2929
- South of Invermere, the Fairmont Hot Springs boast mineral pools, three golf courses, mini-golf, horseback riding and an RV resort. 1-800-663-4979
Highlights – Winter
- Winter Whiteway on Lake Windermere is a 34 km / 21 mi trail that runs around the lakeshore. It is popular for cross-country and skate skiing, ice skating and walking. The Whiteway is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s longest skating path. Start at Kinsman Beach in Invermere or Windermere Beach on the east shore. There is also ice skating on Lake Lillian en route to Panorama.
- Ice fish on local lakes. Hut rentals are offered through Reel Axe Adventures, 250-409-4276.
- Golf courses include Eagle Ranch, 1-877-877-3889, which has 18 holes perched along bluffs overlooking the Columbia River and Rocky and Purcell mountains. Their Rustica Steakhouse and Trader’s Lounge are well-regarded dining venues that are open year-round. Copper Point, 1-877-418-4653, also offers championship golf.
- Indoor recreation includes skating and hockey at Eddie Mountain Memorial Arena, 1-250-342-6712, as well as curling at Invermere Curling Centre, 1-250-342-3315.
- Windermere Valley Museum has heritage buildings and displays. 1-250-342-9769.
- For skiing, check out Panorama Mountain Resort.
- Windermere Valley Museum has heritage buildings and displays. Limited winter hours, call for availability. 1-250-342-9769.
- Snowmobiling in the Purcell and Rocky mountains is epic! Discover Forester Creek Meadows, Catamount Glacier, Thunderwater and Whirlpool Lakes. Toby Creek Adventures offers snowmobile tours near Panorama that access Paradise Mountain forest trails, powder bowls, icefalls, trapper’s cabin and a silver mining ghost town. A free Banff/Canmore shuttle is available. 1-888-357-4449.
- Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Invermere on the Lake Calendar
- Invermere on the Lake and Panorama Mountain Resort
- Super 8 Invermere Hot tub, free breakfast and Wi-Fi.
- Columbia River Paddle Outdoor adventure centre for canoe, kayak, SUPs.
- Kootenay River Runners Rafting adventures. Choice of 4 rivers: The Kicking Horse, Kootenay, Toby Creek & Columbia
- Gables Motel Owner operated, clean rooms, pet friendly, walking distance to Hot Springs