Panorama Mountain Resort
18 km / 11 mi west of Invermere is Panorama Mountain Resort, a 2,847-acre ski area and summer resort with a 1,225 m / 4,019 ft vertical rise. They feature a terrain park, ski-in / ski-out lodging, restaurants, T-Bar après ski, Nordic Centre trails, fatbiking, massage studios and Canada’s largest outdoor on-mountain hot pools. The view of 1,000 Peaks run lives up to its name. Marvel at the sight of iconic Mt. Nelson. Be sure to see the Demo Centre, Burton Riglet Park which introduces kids to skiing, the animated Discovery Zone kids’ trail and expanded Taynton Bowl glades. 1-800-663-2929. Daily shuttle from Banff and Canmore available. Call 1-866-416-2034 for details.
- Mile 1 Chairlift rises to ski terrain and in summer operates as sightseeing lift and access for downhill mountain biking trails.
- Discovery Quad Chairlift accesses easy terrain perfect for novices and families. Tykes and first timers can ride the “Little Ripper” carpet lift, while the Discovery Zone offers beginner terrain sculpted for instruction.
- Banff and Canmore Shuttle includes a lift ticket in addition to return transportation for $99. Book at 1-866-416-2034.
- Taynton Bowl is former heli-ski terrain, which is now within bounds of the resort and therefore maintained by the resort’s avalanche control team. 120 trails are accessed from 10 lifts. Taynton Bowl and the Extreme Dream Zone have newly gladed areas.
- The Nordic Centre has 20 km / 12.5 mi of groomed trails.
- Daily heli-skiing packages offered by RK Heliski at Panorama for intermediate to expert skiers and boarders. These packages include a guide, fat skis, transceiver, hot heli-plex breakfast and picnic lunch. A Banff shuttle is available. For more information, call 1-800-661-6060.
- Greywolf Golf Course is a scenic 18-hole course, which also includes mini golf. The new Greywolf Golf Course Clubhouse is home to the Cliffhanger Steakhouse.
- Paved hiking and bike trails run alongside Toby Creek.
- Toby Creek is popular for whitewater rafting and kayaking.
- ATV and snowmobile tours run by Toby Creek Adventures access forest trails, bowls, waterfalls, a trapper’s cabin and silver mining ghost town. Half and full day trips are available with gear, guides and machines for everyone, including beginners, families and advanced riders. Free transport from Banff and Canmore is available. 1-888-357-4449.
- Panorama Mountain Resort Events and Daily Events
- Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Nor-Am Cup, Dragon Tail Loppet, Winter Yoga Retreat
- Kootenay River Runners: Rafting on the Kicking Horse, Kootenay River, Toby Creek and Columbia River.
- Panorama Mountain Resort: Winter and Summer activities are available.
- RK Heliski: Daily, multiday and private packages available. First timers are welcome.