Fairmont Hot Springs
Just 20 minutes south of Invermere in the heart of the BC Rockies is Fairmont Hot Springs Resort (1.800.663.4979). Day and overnight visitors enjoy many activities year round including kayaking, golfing, nature hikes, skiing, snowshoeing and the renowned hot springs. Accommodation choices include lodge rooms and chalets. Dining options include Bear’s Paw Bar & Grill, Mountain Flowers family restaurant and Steamers Café.
- Canada’s largest natural mineral hot springs feature a hot pool (39⁰C/102⁰F), swimming pool (32⁰C/89⁰F) and a diving pool; 1.5 million gallons flow daily. Every night the pools are drained, cleaned and refilled.
- Golf at the scenic 18-hole Mountainside and Riverside golf courses, or family-friendly Creekside golf course par 3 (1.800.665.2112).
- Fairmont Ski Area is family-friendly, has 14 runs, a 304-m/997-ft vertical rise, day lodge with Desperados restaurant, ski shop/rentals and ski school. Lift tickets include hot pools use.
- A brand new tube park great for all ages, a Rockstar Terrain Park and Aquafina Kids’ Terrain Park.
- Cross-country ski Fairmont’s 14-km/9-mi groomed trail.
• Fairmont Hot Springs Resort Year-round resort with hot pools, golf course, ski area, spa and restaurants.